Job type: Full-time
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Working with the team at our head office in Calgary, you will design and develop new GeoStudio features. This includes CAD-like model definition, visualization of simulation results, and development of new simulation components. Advance your C++ skills as you implement robust, high-performance algorithms and design innovative software that allows geo-engineers to model complex, real-world problems. Work may include everything from numerical algorithms to UX/UI design to test automation.
The best candidates will have:
- Modern C++ development skills, including some knowledge of the C++ 11/14 standard and STL
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- A love of coding, a desire to learn continuously, and an interest in working in a variety of areas
Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Developing CAD, engineering, or scientific software
- Qt or other user-interface libraries
- Concurrency and parallel programming
- Efficiently generating and accessing large volumes of data
- Other toolsets and numerical libraries, including Intel MKL
- Familiarity with templating in C++, including metaprogramming
- Experience with evolving a large code base
- Experience as part of an agile software development team
- Work with a cross-functional team of software developers and engineers.
- Design, implement, document, and support new and existing features.
- Be active and passionate in team discussions around prioritization and design.
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews of your and other team members' work.
- Write and maintain unit tests.
All levels of work experience will be considered. Please note that we will only contact you if you are selected for an interview.