GEO-SLOPE International Ltd. and O’Kane Consultants presents this one-day short course which includes a review of the state-of-practice in mine waste management and landform design; expectations for performance of waste rock dumps and tailings, landforms, cover systems and vegetation; and, provides assessment and design toolbox for practitioners. There are several key focus areas:
- Land climate interactions and assessing how cover systems act as the interface between mine waste and climate
- Air movement and oxygen ingress in unsaturated waste masses and implications for sulfide oxidation
- Seepage in the unsaturated zone and assessing how unsaturated flow in heterogeneous materials can be assessed
- Predicting long term AMD loading rates from waste facilities and the effect on seepage quality
- Predicting the effect of seepage quality on groundwater
- Assessing how the engineering performance of mine waste landforms can be predicted through qualitative modelling
An informal learning environment will allow sharing of concerns and solutions, and a chance to network with other professionals.
Focus of Short Course
A key focus of the short course will be demonstrations and examples of practical modelling tools for predictions of long term mine site water fluxes and quality.
Who will Benefit?
Those responsible for and involved with all aspects of mine water assessments including site wide and catchment scale water balances, mine waste facility seepage assessments, surface and groundwater water quality assessments, engineering design such as cover performance, mine closure and long term water quality assurance
Course content will be presented using a series of organized and coherent PowerPoint presentations, and live demonstration of modeling software.
Date: July 11, 2016
Price includes tuition, training materials, lunch, and two coffee breaks with light refreshments
Tel: +49 341 235-1276
Fax: +49 341 235-1830
About the Presenters:
Steven Pearce, M.Sci
Senior Geo-scientist O’Kane Consultants Ltd. (UK)
Chris Kelln M.Sc., Ph.D.
Vice President of Engineering at GEO-SLOPE International Ltd.
Complete the Registration Form and send it to GEO-SLOPE by:
+1 (403) 266-4851
#1400, 633-6th Avenue SW
Canada T2P 2Y5
Registration is limited to 25 participants.
Participants must bring their own laptop computer.
Cancellations will only be accepted until April 4th, 2016. Substitutions will only be accepted until June 20, 2016.
Our Guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied with the content of the workshop, please submit your reasons in writing within 30 days of the workshop and we will gladly refund your registration costs to you.
- Paul Grunau, President, GEO-SLOPE International Ltd.